Execution deadline: 01.10.2019 – 30.09.2022
Budget: 300,000.00 Euro
Coordinator: University of Brescia, Italy. Technical University of Moldova, Republic of Moldova. Australian National University, Australia.
The basic purpose:
To prepare an innovative electro-optical chemical nano-sensor, never tried so far, that combines two different transduction principles on a single device: i) one conventional conductometric MOX sensor and ii) an optical sensor based on Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance (LSPR) effect excited in the MOX nanostructures.
- Elaboration of the Low-power consumption sensors that will allow in turn to reduce the size of batteries and increase the autonomy of WSN and UAV systems to ensure wider monitoring capabilities;
- Elaboration of the Electro-optical sensors that will also allow for faster response time, down to few milliseconds (ms), which grants higher measurement accuracy and superior reliability;
- Combination of two transduction effects that will enhance the sensor selectivity and reduce at the same time the number of false alarms, which is of critical importance;
- Empowered sensing platforms will allow help by delivering critical information rapidly and dependably to the right point at the right time, shall thereby significantly improving the efficiency of NATO SPS operations;
- Will contribute to boost significantly the competitiveness of innovative National and International SMEs.