About the Spring project
Execution term: 15.11.2019 – 14.11.2022, extended until 15.11.2023
Coordinator: Batumi University of Medicine (BAU), Georgia
National Coordinator: University of Medicine and Pharmacy “N. Testimiteanu ”
The aim of the project is to increase the quality of medical education in partner countries in accordance with the main provisions of the Bologna Process and international requirements on the criteria for recognition and accreditation of medical schools established by the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME).
- Raising awareness of the peer review process as an effective tool for substantiating continuous improvement in the academic and administrative fields of medical schools in the partner countries concerned;
- Establishment of a Multinational Council of the Evaluation Commission (MPRB);
- Establish and strengthen consistency for an ongoing process of reviewing administrative policy programs, procedures and actions in the partner countries concerned;
- Strengthen the capacity of faculty members and administrative staff in conducting effective peer review and review tasks;
- Establishment of an annual scientific-practical journal “Peer Review in Medical / Health Education” (peer reviews in medical / health education for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (PRIMED-EECA);
- Improving the internationalization of ISI (International Scientific Indexing) in partner countries;
- Dissemination of information about the achievements of projects and other final products (effective review) reports, PRIMED EECA, case reports, recommendations, etc. to national health / education institutions
- Improving the skills of staff in higher education institutions concerned in the peer review of administrative and academic areas;
- The benefits of peer review and post-evaluation activities in all institutions in the partner countries. As a result, institutions will perform better;
- A group of evaluators and consultants trained in peer evaluation for the international accreditation of medical education;
- Two platforms, which will also serve to ensure the sustainability of the project: an interregional journal in the peer review of medical / preventive education (PRIMED-EECA), where partner higher education institutions (as well as others) will be able to publish articles and share experiences; and an international peer review association (PRAMED-EECA), which will effectively use the knowledge and expertise of professionals trained in the project.